Headquarters: San Francisco
CodeCombat is looking for a remote Account Executive to help the next generation of kids learn how to code. Our Account Executives work within their assigned territory to help bring high-quality Computer Science curriculum to schools and districts. This is a great opportunity for someone who values working remotely, believes in our mission, and loves the challenge of finding the right solution for our prospects (teachers and administrators).
This is a 100% remote, full-time role. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What You'll Do
- Create and execute a strategic plan for getting to goal by understanding and uncovering trends, initiatives, and funding sources within assigned states
- Creatively prospect into target districts through activities such as email sequences and outbound calling to help build your pipeline using Salesforce and Outreach
- Become an expert on our Educational Games and tools for success, be able to speak to their educational value, and demonstrate solutions to prospective customers remotely (via Zoom)
- Consult with prospects to identify their needs and build custom solutions
- Conduct timely follow-up on opportunities from our Sales Development Representatives and work opportunities through closing
- Work full cycle deals from demo to close, including contract negotiations
- Keep a clean pipeline in Salesforce by ensuring opportunities are up to date with the correct account details, stage, close date, and value
- Achieve quarterly sales quotas and weekly/monthly activity targets
- Share best practices, trends, feedback, and learnings with the team
- Generate monthly forecast reports
Who You Are
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Comfortable learning new programs
- Open to feedback and willing to experiment with new ideas
- Comfortable collaborating on a small, dynamic team
- Organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excited to connect with prospects in the education world–teachers, school administrators, and principals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote role
- Strong passion for sales
- Salesforce experience
Bonus Points (nice to have, but not required)
- Strong knowledge of the educational technology market with experience selling curriculum to the K12 market
- Experience selling SAAS products
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K12 students and at-home learners to learn how to code, using real programming languages to explore adventure games. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own games. We are committed to researching, experimenting, and iterating new ways to marry education with fun for students worldwide.
We recently released Ozaria, a Computer Science program, adventure game, and fantasy story where students master core Computer Science concepts. The unfolding narrative creates a powerful and engaging student-centered learning experience, with each student’s investment in Ozaria’s story paralleling the investment they are making in their own learning journey.
We are a small, determined, and tight-knit startup dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Target Earnings for Account Executive at CodeCombat: $113,700 - $149,050
Please include a cover letter with your application that includes why you are interested in this role.