Headquarters: Jurkovicova Teplaren, Bratislava
Job type: Freelancer
Fixed price: 100-300 Euro
Duration: Ongoing, min. 3-4 articles per month
As a freelance content writer, you'll be working on specific blog posts primarily aimed at our Sufio users—to help them manage their online stores. With this in mind, the main context of your articles will be to unlock the world of taxes and ecommerce for our users.
Our ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of both EU and UK taxes, knows their way around post-Brexit rules and regulations, and can communicate all of this knowledge in a simple, easy-to-understand manner. We want to show our users how Sufio can solve their problems within minutes.
Since we also want to maximize our Google search results and drive organic traffic to our app, knowing your way around SEO will be a big plus. You'll also be able to present your own ideas on effectively reaching more current and potential users.
You'll work on things like
- Helping online sellers understand the tricky world of tax
- Creating detailed guides to teach business owners about the legal documents required for selling products or services to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein
- Writing short articles to explain complex concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way, e.g., "What is a commercial invoice?"
- Helping write scripts for YouTube videos about tax and the legal side of ecommerce
- Coming up with ideas for new original content on the Sufio blog
Requirements for the role
- A background in journalism or content-based marketing
- A good understanding of SEO and the role it plays in acquiring new readers for our blog
- Broad UK tax experience; good knowledge of accounting for ecommerce businesses
- Strong knowledge of EU tax
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or previous experience in content writing.
- Fluency in another language, preferably in German or French.
- A good eye for detail, aesthetics, and design.
From the Team
With hundreds of Shopify stores going live each day, there's always a steady stream of driven entrepreneurs seeking new ways to grow and improve their businesses.
This is why we believe in creating content that's more than just run-of-the-mill self-promotion and SEO; because for us, it's also about connecting with users and giving them valuable information wherever possible. Whether it's about branding, compliance, or automation, educational blog posts will always find appreciation in this community.
We ask that you put yourself in your readers' shoes each time you finish a post and ask if you'd want to read this type of content. Better yet, ask yourself if you'd subscribe to the newsletter and check back for more.
If that's the kind of content you strive to create, then you'll have a blast writing together with Sufio's content marketing team.
Join us and help build a blog that's truly worth reading.
Maxim Gubric Content Marketing Manager at Sufio