Do you want to work to make an impact?
We are on the hunt for an exceptional Algorithm Engineer who can help us make the last mile smarter, more cost effective and kinder to the environment.
Where? Office based in Brussels, or remotely from anywhere in Europe!
Your journey at Urbantz:
As our Algorithm Engineer, you will have a critical and specialized role in our Engineering team. You are responsible for the technical analysis and development of mathematical optimization modules and (meta)heuristics.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify other ways to make last-mile logistics more efficient and cost effective.
- Define models and algorithms for real-time route planning, scoring alternative delivery slots against criteria like carbon emission and transport cost.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Our main technologies: AngularJS, NodeJS and MongoDB.
You are good with numbers and statistics and have a development background. On top of that you:
- Must have at least 5 years of handson experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Can design, transform and apply algorithm into code
- Have an hands-on NoSQL (ideally, MongoDB) and SQL database experience
- Have, ideally, some development experience in NodeJS
- Have already developed and implemented mathematical models and algorithms, ideally related to vehicle routing problems (i.e. optimization algorithms).
- Have an excellent written and spoken English
We are offering more than just a place to work:
- Our mission is to make last mile logistics more sustainable by improving our customers’ operational efficiency.
- We operate in one of the most fast growing markets, offering a SaaS solution to retail, logistics, and e-commerce - businesses.
- We have been growing fast in the past 5 years. Lately, Seedtable has featured us as one of Brussels’ startups to watch in 2020.
- We’re on a mission to grow even more in the next few years, and you’ll play a critical part in that.
- We’re a team of international people who believe in the power of team-work and make things happen.
- We’re innovators and revolutionaries - our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a winning team. Great people that work hard but have fun doing that.
- A fast-growing company where you are given a lot of autonomy and trust.
- Enter the promising, ever-growing world, of last mile logistics.
- A competitive package and a permanent contract (either as an Employee in Belgium, or as a contractor if remote).
- You can make a huge impact, and grow with the company.
This is a great opportunity to own a key strategic initiative at Urbantz. If you want to just “work” somewhere, we probably aren’t the right place. If you want to make a serious difference with positive, real-world implications, then we want to see you!