Android Software Engineer
This Android engineer will participate in the development of Android applications that enable consumers to capture and relive their experiences, and share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for use with GoPro cameras, photos, video media, and cloud content. You will make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems along with participation in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high quality, compact and elegant code. Android Software Engineers are responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering software applications on a variety of Android devices that are part of GoPro’s ecosystem that connects people to their camera, their media, the cloud, and their friends.
What You Will Do
- Design and create software in Java and Kotlin for Android-based phone and tablets.
- Collaborate with Product leads, UI/UX designers, Ecosystem Architects, and Engineers to define, design and ship new features
- Leverage visual design, information architecture, and interaction design to assist the writing of working software.
- Follow industry best practices when implementing software, especially regarding security and privacy.
- Checking code into version control according to company version control policy.
- Keeping up on changes and advances in the technical world.
- Refactoring old code so it runs faster and more efficiently.
- Helping to review code Testing software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, as well as manual methods