Mission Control GG
The API & Backend Engineer will play an integral role in creating cutting-edge, intuitive, and scalable software for the esports space. This individual will work directly with a cross-functional team developing and enhancing APIs. They will play a pivotal role in helping define the future mobile experience and the interaction between mobile and web-based platforms.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write pragmatic, high-quality, testable code
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Work with MySQL
- Work with a modern serverless technology stack, using AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Work with a modern PHP technology stack (TALL) that uses Laravel
- Work in a CI/CD environment using Docker.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations.
- Mentor other engineers while setting and enforcing best practices for teammates
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related work experience
- Good understanding of working with queues and batched jobs
- 2-5 years of experience with PHP and Laravel
- Capable of working in an Agile environment
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Creative problem solver and risk taker
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Is a driven, playful, open, curious teammate
Notes & Compensation
- It is preferred for the person to take the position in St. Louis, but remote applicants will be considered. It is expected that the role will be blended (in-person and remote) in the future.
- The hire will be offered equity alongside salary and benefits with this position.