Appraisal Underwriting Specialist
To order, track, manage, and ensure timely delivery of all Conventional, FHA, and Equity valuations. To review and decision alternative valuation reports based on the loan characteristics and product. To serve as the primary point of contact for the Appraisal Underwriting Branch regarding valuation/property-related queries and the status of appraisals and appeals.
1. Manages a pipeline of property valuation orders, ensuring timely delivery from vendors and thorough, proactive communication with business partners.
- Reviews Requests For Property Valuations And Orders Appropriate Type Of Valuation Using Applicable Systems And Procedures
- Ensures Funds Have Been Collected From The Member And Obtains Complete Copy Of Purchase Contracts And Addendums
- Coordinates With Production Staff And Vendors, Changes, Revisions, Or Corrections That Occur Prior To Delivery; Documents Identified Issues And Updates Systems
- Relays Status To And Responds To Inquiries From Production Staff Concerning Appraisals In The Pipeline
2. Reviews and decisions alternative valuation reports based
on the loan characteristics and product.
- Conducts A Thorough Examination Of All Components Of The Alternative Valuation Report
- Determines The Acceptability And Marketability Of The Property To Ensure There Is Sufficient Collateral To Secure The Loan
- Adds Appropriate Appraisal Conditions To The Loan File In Systems
- Recommends, For Full Appraisal Or Denial, Properties That Do Not Meet Guidelines
- Escalates Issues To Supervisor For Review
3. Serves as the Appraisal Underwriting Branch's primary point of contact for statuses, appeals, and other inquiries pertaining to property valuations.
- Continuously Monitors Incoming Property Valuations And Immediately Acts Upon Queries From Business Partners To Help Ensure Member Service Expectations Are Met Or Exceeded
- Provides Timely, Accurate, And Clear Responses Based Upon Research Conducted And/Or Existing Knowledge
- Distributes Email To Underwriters As Necessary
- Escalates Complicated, Urgent, And/Or Sensitive E-Mail To Mortgage Underwriters And/Or Supervisors
4. Monitors and assigns work to team members on a real-time basis.
- Continuously Monitors Appropriate Systems And Work Queues And Immediately Acts On Orders From Business Partners To Help Ensure Service Level Expectations Are Met
- Employs Comprehensive Assignment Processes For Optimum Distribution Of Work To Team Members
- Logs Assignment Data In Multiple Systems As Appropriate For Ongoing Tracking, Communication, And Reporting
- Provides Daily And Weekly Statistics For Further Evaluation
- Informs Appraisal Underwriting Leadership Of Potential Problems, Undesirable Trends, Or Irregularities And Recommends Solutions
5. Performs other related duties as assigned or appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated Knowledge Of Mortgage Or Loan Processing And Related Language, Systems, Regulations, And Requirements
- Demonstrated Ability To Understand, Apply, And Communicate Complex Regulations, Instructions, And Procedures
- Effective Planning And Organizational Skills And Demonstrated Ability To Evaluate And Resolve Problems, Exercise Good Judgment, And Initiative
- Demonstrated Experience Working In A High Volume, Fast Paced Environment And The Ability To Prioritize Work And Meet Deadlines
- Prior Experience That Demonstrates Highly Effective Customer Service Skills
- Strong Verbal, Written, Telephone, And Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Demonstrated Ability To Work Effectively And Efficiently With Automated Systems And Computers
- Education Above The High School Level With Course Concentration In Finance, Business Administration, Or Related Field
- This Is A Remote Position
- $20-27/Hr. (Based On Experience)
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.