Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving an $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, financial services disruptors like E-Trade, Schwab, and Robinhood have unlocked access to the stock market, minting a new generation of self-service investors. Yet we at Mynd believe that real estate remains the most powerful tool for building generational wealth.
We're on a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments by offering best-in-class property management services and making SFRs as accessible and effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Plus, many potential investors don't want to invest in real estate in their geographic area or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets. Through localized operations in 25 markets across the US, and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, rent, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100% remotely.
Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. We've attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, McKinsey, Shift, Better, BCG, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, and Facebook. We're backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and just announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country. Most importantly, we're a kind and fun team of innovators who truly enjoy ushering in a new generation of real estate investors.
The role of Associate Asset Manager is to provide excellent service to our internal Mynd teams through setting accurate and competitive rental rates for our homes and providing detailed review and recommendations for rental marketing advertisements. You'll be responsible for your own market(s) and manage all things rent setting and marketing review related (during turnover, lease expirations, acquisition, and sales analysis).
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze marketing advertisements and lead/showing metrics for vacant units on a weekly basis and making recommendations to internal teams on what is needed to lease the home (related to marketing changes, rents, move in specials, etc)
- Creating tasks in internal system for marketing and property service teams to implement marketing and advertising changes
- Communicating recommended marketing, advertising, and pricing changes to owners
- Review market data to set projected rental rates for homes at turnover, lease expiration, acquisition, and sales
- Review leases and HOA documents to ensure the terms are acceptable per Mynd guidelines during the closing process for acquisitions
- Attention to detail
- Have strong customer service skills
- Come to a quick conclusion to complete a large number of tasks
- Enthusiastically embrace innovation/change and provide feedback
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Build strong virtual relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience preferred in real estate, customer service, or account management
- Prior experience in property management, a plus
- This position is remote, but travel for training and to your market may be required.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an 'A' Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.