Bauer Media Group - USA
Please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you would be great for the role, and two writing samples to with the subject line APPLICATION: Associate Commerce Editor
Bauer Media US is looking for an Associate Commerce Editor to join our editorial team and support our fast-growing affiliate content business on our women's service websites, WomansWorld.com and FirstforWomen.com.
You'll help our commerce team create compelling shopping content that speaks to our core audience of women 45 and older, providing readers with accurate product descriptions, honest reviews, and recommendations that will make their lives easier. This is a remote position for someone with two years of editorial writing experience and starts ASAP.
What You'll Do
- Write compelling product descriptions, reviews, and recommendations in article format.
- Update and optimize existing content and replace out-of-stock products.
- Build and proofread commerce articles in WordPress.
- Conduct product and SEO research for new content.
- Source images and create image comps for articles using Photoshop and Canva.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong writing and communication skills and the ability to proofread articles.
- Experience creating affiliate shopping/product recommendation content preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience with a website or blog content management system. WordPress preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience applying SEO best practices.
- Photoshop and/or Canva experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience juggling and prioritizing multiple competing responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has strong writing skills and editorial instincts for what resonates with our audience. Please provide clips (can be from a school paper, classes, personal blogs, and websites).
- Is eager to learn new skills, tools, and processes.
- Is a proactive worker with a positive attitude who looks for opportunities to support the wider team.
- Is a savvy online shopper.
- Is a team player who wants to grow with the team.
Bauer Media Group is one of the world's largest privately-owned media companies with a global portfolio comprised of over 600 magazines, 400+ digital products, and over 100 radio and TV stations that are enjoyed by audiences in the millions. Our brands Woman's World, First for Women and Soaps In Depth deliver inspiring, feel-good, entertaining, and practical content to millions of women. Our digital network is the #1 content platform reaching women 45+ and Woman's World and First for Women are #1 and #2 top-selling magazines at newsstands. To top things off, we also operate a network of sweepstakes websites that generate millions of entries, delight our users, and reward our winners each and every month.