Thycotic is looking for Automation Engineers to develop, use, and maintain a Selenium-based framework for creating and running automated tests in an Azure DevOps pipeline environment. Automation Engineers will modify the framework to optimize automated test creation as well as lead the test team in creating and maintaining highly resilient automated tests for commercial software products.
This is a remote/telecommute position based out of your home office. Reports to the Vice President of Software Development.
- Code and improve automated test framework, written in C# and Selenium, striking the optimal balance of tool features with test case requirements.
- Implement and enhance execution of automated test cases using Azure DevOps pipeline processes.
- Identify test gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and/or test frameworks.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to build/improve automation solutions that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thycotic software product suite and its configurations in order to create optimized, efficient features within the test framework.
- Lead analyst to debug, correct, and maintain automated test case failures.
- Code review automated test cases for consistency, re-use, and resiliency.
- As part of Azure DevOps pipeline process, create automated test results reports that identify passes and failures.
- Document and train QA and development product teams on automated test case creation and pipeline execution.
- Lead off-shore and near shore automation team in identifying and designing the most efficient cases and workflows for high quality, rapid software release.
- Hands on ability to design resilient test cases and workflows that employ high re-use and require low maintenance.
- Participate as a key resource in company-wide Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration/DevOps software release process.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in programming and computer science or equivalent experience.
- Expert in automation coding using Selenium in C#.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience programming test automation projects.
- Hands on experience with Azure DevOps pipelines or other CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Working experience with test case management repositories like Microsoft Azure Test Plans.
- Experience with software/system troubleshooting to determine causes of failures in automated tests.
- Experience with full life cycle software development including unit and software integration testing, and configuration management.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing test environments in both AWS and vSphere.
- Solid experience generating, implementing, and training team members on best practices for test case re-use and shared steps for rapid test automation.
- Ability to work flexible hours to communicate and interact with USA-based, offshore, and near shore technical teams.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skill.
- Strong ability for adapting to challenges and continual process improvement in a rapid technical environment.