amazon web services
Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
We're looking for an AWS Architect to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our clients build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talents on the planet? Then keep reading.
You have experience in analyzing existing systems from an architectural and security best practices perspective. Your background will include experience with networking (Windows and Linux) and web hosting and how this translates to the cloud (VPCs, NAT, Security Groups, and subnets). Your focus will be on Amazon Web Service systems. You have strong experience with multi-account AWS infrastructure and good governance mechanisms. You have knowledge of AWS native security solutions (GuardDuty, SecurityHub, Macie, Secrets Manager) and how these factor into the mix.
You’ll be broadly familiar with concepts such as GDPR and PCI compliance, and how this impacts cloud architecture. You understand DevOps processes and how infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation) can be used to build out multi-region cloud systems. Your experience includes replicating cloud infrastructure across regions, Single Sign-On (SSO), Okta integration, ETL processes using Kinesis, and containerization in the cloud (Docker, Kubernetes).
You’ve worked with shipping logs from cloud infrastructure to centralized logging systems and may have done integration between AWS environments and SIEMs in the past. You’re happy to work with DevOps and Engineering teams to deploy and configure MongoDB-based solutions, Redis for caching, and Elasticsearch. You’ll also aid in figuring out the best way to deploy customer-facing applications and APIs in AWS environments using services such as EC2, load balancers, and autoscaling groups.
Finally, you have a passion for learning and leading DevOps teams. You won’t mind expanding your skillset and getting some exposure to AWS services you’ve never used before or integrating third-party services with AWS.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high-speed internet is a must.
Things You Might Do
- Building multi-region AWS infrastructure
- Ensuring infrastructure and data storage is GDPR and PCI compliant
- Deploying infrastructure via Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Configuring VPCs, subnets, NATs, and VPN integration
- Building and deploying containerized environments
- Implementing AWS native security tooling
- Integrating SSO solutions with AWS accounts
- Developing multi-account architectures to segregate environments
- ETL process with Kinesis
- Deploying containerized solutions in AWS (EKS, ECS, Docker)
- Redis Elasticsearch and MongoDB deployment and configuration
- Leading a team of cloud and DevOps engineers
Our Benefits may vary according to the country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you become a contractor we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% Remote work (could vary according to the client's needs)
- Travel according to client's needs
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!