Scalable Path is looking for a Back-end Python Django Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position. The client is also open to candidates who are available part-time.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a startup in the UK with secured funding to complete the product development. Their product helps individuals and small businesses manage their most important data in a secure and convenient way.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is looking for a skilled, experienced backend Django developer to work with an international team of professionals on an exciting new product in the area of private data management. Your work will focus on supporting the app's features on the backend within a REST-API framework based on documented requirements, data structures, and existing code base.
The project is already well into development, but the current developer needs to focus on new things. You will need to come in and review the system, ask questions, understand the requirements, get a tour from the existing developer, and take over development of the backend.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years post-collegiate software development experience
- Proven programming skills in Python Django, preferably in a consumer space/mobile environment
- Previous working experience with Django REST Framework
- Previous working experience with WebSocket protocol
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational databases in general
- Previous experience with deployment on DigitalOcean and AWS
- Solid knowledge of OO design, thread synchronization, and data structures
- Ability to implement features from high-level specifications (including design and testing)
- Ability to review legacy code base to extract critical modules for reuse
- Work experience with Agile development methodology and development tools (e.g. JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the company Director and working along side mobile app and UI/UX developers. There is an existing daily meeting at 10:00 am Europe/London (+00:00) GMT.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
We expect the first phase of development to be around 3 months long, but it could become a continuing engagement if things go well.
Client is open to Latin American and Europe (and other time zones) as long as they can make the 10 am call in London. Client has had a good experience with female developers in the past.
- - Code review (Must have)
- - HTML (Must have)
- - CSS (Must have)
- - Python (Must have)
- - Django (Must have)
- - PostgreSQL (Must have)
- - Websockets (Must have)
- - RestfulAPI (Must have)
- - Redis (Must have)
- - Sentry (Must have)
- - Git (Must have)
- - Unit testing (Must have)
- - Requirements Gathering (Must have)
- - Traefik (Strongly preferred)
- - Digital Ocean (Strongly preferred)
- - AWS (Strongly preferred)
- - JIRA (Strongly preferred)
- - Swagger (Strongly preferred)
- - Automated Testing (Nice to have)