Percona Staffing LLC
This is an exceptional opportunity to define the future of a product that helps promote a number of other products that are already great by themselves and are used by open source technologists globally. The Backend Architect will help build Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM). This is your to chance to build something from the ground up and integrate our existing Client/Server products with Cloud to deliver a new wave of services and functionality to our users. The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact.
Location: Remote work from home, preferably from the Central/Eastern Europe region.
What You Will Do
- Design, architect and support the team in building performant, reliable and high-quality systems
- Interact with stakeholders to translate business needs to clear technical specs and architecture documents
- Establish frameworks, define development and security guidelines to allow the dev teams to operate with ease
- Participate in code and design reviews identifying potential improvements
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Develop scalable, high-volume, performant API-first applications focused on simplicityand user delight
- Plan solutions to highly complex problems well in advance of development starting
- Interact with devops engineers to help build a resilient infrastructure and CI/CD system
What You Have Done
- Experience setting architectural direction of a web-based product, bonus points for hybrid on-prem/cloud design
- A deep understanding of modern approaches to building application architecture
- Golang development with excellent programming fundamentals
- Experience in building products on cloud computing platform (AWS or GCP or OpenShift)
- Comfortable with Linux (CentOS or Debian or Ubuntu)
- Great experience with Client/Server applications
- Good command of git, familiarity with Github Actions
- Ability to work with others as well as independently in a fully remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally. Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in approximately 50 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more. Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand.