ation Engineer Prokeep
Prokeep is seeking a backend developer/integration engineer for a messaging platform that is experiencing rapid growth in the construction industry. This developer will work on integrating our application to third party and client systems, integrating our API with other systems, SSO and identity integrations, as well as general backend app coding.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to grow with an established and profitable startup company.
Prokeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc). We are post product, post revenue, and growing fast in the US and Canada.
Our team is small, nimble, and devoted to making our customers' lives easier with simple to use technology. We envision a world where distributors using our tools are more efficient and able to build stronger relationships with their customers.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our API, integration surface and other backend systems. You will be primarily focused on integrations, but we are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into enhancing our API or working on our internal administration app. You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You should have strong opinions about tools and architecture but should also be able to explain those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience working as an integration or backend developer.
- Client management and effective interaction/communication skills
- Experience integrating 3rd party systems to an API
- Serverless/lambda/microservices experience a plus
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, node, and/or python or strong desire to learn.
- Experience writing automated tests and following coding standards.
- Willingness to perform code reviews and refactor existing code.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
This is a full-time salaried position starting immediately. You will work with the existing development team to build new features and fix bugs in our product.
This is a remote work opportunity, but you should be able to work core hours in U.S. pacific time.
Prokeep offers our engineering staff an equity package, home office/equipment stipend, education stipend, health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, as well as unlimited PTO.