Join our teams - Alpha One, Magic, FlaminGo, Dystopia, Discovery and Sygaldry and work, learn, play and grow together with a bunch of experienced developers (and music enthusiasts) while creating a music ecosystem that works to the advantage of all participants.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As a developer you’ll work in one of our teams consisting of 3-4 developers, an agile project manager and a lead developer. We are starting every morning with (a breakfast when at the office, then) a stand up and concluding sprints with a review and retrospective.
You’ll be working on our backend system and its continuous development. With your teammates you’ll be solving heavy database related challenges and you’ll be continuously making an impact.
At Utopia we support your learning and growth as an individual and a developer by daily knowledge transfer, pair programming and mob programming sessions within the team as well as external seminars and education.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
We are not dogmatic about tech stack and we welcome experienced developers with different skills. Our stack is Golang and Node.js though and we’ll require you to solve a case and show us your understanding of one of the mentioned technologies.
- You are a passionate and skilled backend developer (knowing some frontend is a plus) that already has a couple of years of experience
- Independency working with either Golang and/or Node.js
- High quality code is even more important to you than the Force
- You love to learn and you love to share the knowledge
- Preferably you worked with MongoDB and/or SQL
- Knowing ES6, TypeScript and/or React is a plus
- Fluency in English
- Good communications skills
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity
You can go through 5 (currently all video) interviews. Here are the steps:
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get the technical test and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You have 3 more meetings - with one of our lead developers and the Team Manager, with the Hiring Manager and with your potential new team.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)