Who are Videoslots?
We were born in 2011 as a result of a handful of entrepreneurs who not only had a knack for entertaining others but also an affinity with the igaming industry. They teamed up and went about building an industry leader, setting the bar to an all-new high. Now in just under nine years we now offer over 4,000 games from 134 different game providers and we’re set to keep on growing! Naturally, we can't do all of this as well as all the exciting things we have lined up for the years to follow without the living legends that make our business the success it is today.
What will you be doing?
As a Backend Developer, you will be working on our in-house projects: designing features, writing code, performing code reviews, solving problems, tracking down bugs and delivering stable and well written solutions.
You will form part of a cross functional development team where the team owns and drives the continuous improvement of our products using agile methodologies.
Our backend is powered by a LEMP stack, GraphQL and we rely on Vue.js for our frontend. Other technologies we work with are LXC, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Hadoop to mention a few. We are inherently a curious team and are always on the lookout for new technologies which could potentially be incorporated in our stack.
- Design and develop new Backend features
- Perform functional requirements analysis
- Write high quality code and documentation
- Work closely with other developers, QA and product teams
- Apply analytical skills and be committed to quality
- Help track requests, issues, work progress and any other changes using our project management tools
- Provide estimates and technical documentation on request
- Write code with performance, reliability and maintainability in mind
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work in collaboration with external partners when required
- Manage code changes using our version control system
- Perform code reviews
Who are you?
- You have experience in a comparable software development role, and
- You master PHP as a programming language (min 3 years experience)
- You have good knowledge of REST or GraphQL web services
- You are proficient with development in Linux environments
- You care about software quality, you care about software engineering and you want to make a difference
- You have good attention to detail
- You can work with minimal supervision
- You have a good command of both verbal and written English Proven Laravel experience would be considered as an advantage
- Experience in iGaming would be considered an advantage
- Having a degree in Information Technology or another related field would be considered an advantage
What do we offer?
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices, and rock-star teams here is what we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Birthday leave
- Additional marriage leave
- Additional paternity leave
- 5 days of your sick leave to care for your sick child
- 1 volunteer day
- Fexible start and finish times (except for teams who work shifts)
- Free transport home for late night shifts
- Refer a friend bonus
- Wellness allowance
- Professional development support
- Department team building activities
- Monthly get-togethers and activities
- Wednesday and Friday Breakfasts
- Daily fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Party tickets and free beach club access
- Relocation package and assistance
- Company loyalty trip
Do you think that you could be the ONE we are looking for to fill this exciting role? If your answer is YESSS, do not hesitate to APPLY! We are excited to meet you for an interview and get to know you better.