Backend Engineer - PHP
Remote Jobs in Italy>
Backend Engineer - PHP
Hey you! Every night we have to process more than 24 million items and we cannot do it without you. We are trying to revolutionize the slow-paced Retail world step-by-step with cutting edge technologies. As a developer here, you will tackle world-class challenges in high-throughput systems, scaling, orchestrating, and more. You will play with asynchronous and multi-process patterns in an enthusiastic run to scale our business.
- Not scared of big data?
- Integrating complex systems and making them simpler is your bread and butter?
- Simplifying and automating lengthy processes is something you can do in your sleep?
- Getting your hands dirty with the latest piece of tech is your thing?
If "can-do" is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities, today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Back End Engineer to join our Tech Retail component!
What you will do:
- You will join a distributed team of developers, with an actual decision autonomy: you will be responsible for your work;
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems;
- You will write quality software: readable, well designed and thoroughly tested code;
- You will work together with people from other key areas, participating on analysis, discussion and implementation phase.
Skills & Requirements:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work;
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with large amount of data (moving hundreds of GBs of data);
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools;
- Knowledge of our current technology stack: PHP (Laravel), RabbitMQ, Git, Unix-like environment;
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Elasticsearch) databases;
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset;
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa).
Our salary range for this position will be:
- Employees: 30 to 40k as Gross Annual Salary (€)
- Freelancers: 20 to 30€ per working hour