As a software engineer on the Discovery team at Plex, you will help people find movies and shows that they love. Plex will allow people to discover and enjoy media from all of their streaming services and personal libraries in one place. The Discovery team empowers users to browse and discover media quickly and find movies, shows, and trailers that feel relevant to them.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining services related to catalog browsing, discovery, search, and personalization.
- You will join a team of client engineers focused on building engaging experiences using these services.
- You will collaborate closely with Product and UX to understand requirements, propose solutions, and communicate tradeoffs.
- You will partner with other backend service teams focused on Plex's metadata catalog and recommendations.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 3 years of experience building large-scale services with Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, and Redis.
- You are committed to writing strongly typed, well-tested code.
- Experience optimizing search results with Elasticsearch a plus.
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, reliable experiences.
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done.
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be its best.