About the job
This is a data and external API-heavy position, with a lot of time spent reconciling numbers, dealing with third-party APIs and making sure everything plays nice together.
Ultimately, you'll be the driving force behind all backend activities.
The tech stack
On a base level, experience with the following tech is a major pro:
- SQL (we use Postgres, primarily)
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, ECS, Lambda, KMS, CloudWatch)
- You've built complex backends in TypeScript/Node, but you also know other languages.
- You've shipped large applications with many components and data structures.
- You've worked with different databases and know how to optimize complex queries.
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time.
- You have experience building and working on distributed systems.
- You have experience integrating complex 3rd party APIs
- You are strong self-manager, capable of being a "CEO" of your area.
- $187,500 per year
- 3% raise every rear
- 10% annual equity bonus
- Minimum vacation policy (we expect you to take at least 4 week off per year)