Project Plato - Golang - fully remote OR relocation NL Dolfin
amazon web services
Please feel free to apply even though you do NOT HAVE specifically Golang experience! ..as being a senior engineer with a growth mindset we believe you could easily learn on the job;)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands (relocation & visa) or remote (European time zones).
WHO WE ARE
After the 2008 financial crash, the international financial and business environment is more regulated than ever. The amount of required paperwork has increased exponentially. The deals are being blocked, the accounts are being frozen, the business is often getting paralyzed.
Project Plato was born in 2015 as an autonomous R&D unit working for Dolfin, an established British investment company, with the aim of automating sensitive business operations. We are a young and ambitious team frustrated by inefficiency of existing solutions.
5 years later, with the help of our software solutions, Dolfin was able to have:
- $4.1bn in client assets under management
- $650m monthly brokerage flow
- 10x increased speed of customer and employee onboarding
- 30x more efficiency of its compliance officers
But this is only the beginning. Our mission is to help companies and business professionals around the world communicate with each other and do business with trust and simplified paperwork.
OUR TECH STACK
As a serious, business-oriented company, we develop our solutions exclusively in COBOL.
Just kidding! We use modern and diverse IT infrastructure. Our solutions are web-based, with 90% of our backend code in Golang, some bits in Python and frontends in Typescript and React. Data storages include PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Amazon S3. The infrastructure consists of multiple backend services managed via Kubernetes/Helm, integrated with various AWS and third-party services. We also use Google Bazel, a secure and robust build system.
We strive to make our development process predictable, change-proof and well-organized to achieve the fastest possible product delivery pace without compromising reliability.
We are still small: Project Plato is less than 15 people in total but we are planning to grow to 20 soon. As part of the Project Plato back-end team, you will be working closely with Oleg and another 3 senior engineers. Oleg is our lead backend engineer who has been part of the team since 2015 when we established our office in Amsterdam. We are a group that values trust, growth, agility, mutual respect, taking ownership, and learning from each other through a culture of open feedback.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- You have a math or computer science background. No diplomas needed, but knowing your graphs and big-Os is a must.
- You know your way around web services. Parlez-vous HTTP? Veux-tu un cookie?
- You know well at least TWO of: Golang, Python, C++, Java/C#, Typescript.
- You are familiar with modern build systems (especially code generation), Unix-based operating systems, Docker/Kubernetes and cloud services.
- You are a self-learner. You can analyze the code and documentation yourself, and you can ask questions when needed. Our team is small and focused, and we do not have spare time for thorough tutoring :(
- You are passionate about quality and reliability. This is not a social media app startup, we deal with big money and strict regulations.
- You are able to take honest and direct feedback and openly discuss the problems.
- You are not afraid of complex problem domains.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies is a plus.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO
- Build and improve web applications for our customers using our frameworks and libraries.
- Ensure the application architecture allows easy maintenance and support.
- Tune the application performance by optimizing queries, storage and algorithms.
- Integrate the applications with 3rd party services (AWS-based and others).
- Work with our customers to define business rules using our domain-specific languages.
- Maintain and improve our build and automation infrastructure.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Modern technological stack.
- Challenging projects with enough possibilities for personal development.
- Freedom to do what you do best.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Working in a team of the most senior developers with high standards and looking out for the most efficient solutions.
- Personal development budget, chance to attend courses and conferences abroad.
- Top-notch work equipment.
- 25 days of holidays.
- Above market rate salary.
- Culture of learning, agility, innovation and open feedback.
- Optional relocation to Amsterdam + Visa sponsorship if needed.
If you have any questions, please contact our tech recruiter Kristina at https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristinajavurkovahr
Or just apply right now!
We are proud that your agency wants to work with us, but we don’t collaborate with third parties to fulfill this role and other tech vacancies. Thank you for understanding.