amazon web services
Backend Engineer Python | Experience: 5+ years | 100% Remote
What You’ll Do
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling.
- Stream data processing and distributed systems.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who We’re Looking For
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Go, gRPC/Protobuf, Kafka, Microservices, MongoDB, Python
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.