Signavio by SAP is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer with a focus on Rust to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite.
In this role, you will be working in a cross-functional team that values trust, respect, and diversity. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating, and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
- Concept and implement our analytical in-memory query engine for Process Mining workloads in a multi-tenant public cloud environment
- Design algorithms and techniques to ensure sub-second query execution times even on data sets with more than 1 billion rows
- Operate the query engine service in our SaaS environments based on Kubernetes and Docker
- Provide an API for other teams to build user-facing applications on top of our analytical infrastructure.
- Reliability, scalability, cost and sub-second response time are driving KPIs
- Drive consensus on technical decisions
- Shape technical direction and vision
- Review the work of your teammates and mentor them technically
You will be working in our agile cross-functional team, which is end-to-end responsible for Signavio's Process Intelligence product. The scope of this product is to analyze data that are generated during processes and to allow companies to gain an understanding on how their processes are performing.
Further information can be found here.
- Having worked with large-scale data and underlying algorithms for analytics
- Excellent understanding of column-oriented storage, JIT query compilation and CPU cache pipelines, GPU computing and compression techniques
- Very good knowledge in relation and graph data management paradigms and data structures
- In-depth hands-on experience in high performance computing with C++ or Rust
- Ability to rethink and reshape the existing approaches to deliver superior results
- Experience in designing complex software architectures and evangelize them across teams
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and consistently showing initiative
- Experienced in mentoring team members and providing feedback
- Very good communication skills in English
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience
Being part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies you know the importance of communication and feedback. You are appreciated for your engagement, your constructive input and your relentless drive to improve yourself, the product, and the company.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging.
The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year.
Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.