Headquarters: New York
- Use Node.js, MongoDB, and other BE tools to design and implement the underlying application logic and database structure powering our APIs.
- Improving our AWS infrastructure and overall application performance
- Work closely with other developers and infrastructure engineers to analyze and design the application architecture, and implement the functional requirements.
- Understand the needs of our clients to develop and improve the end-user experience.
- Collaborate with product managers to develop and enhance our products according to our product roadmap and business strategy
- Naturally curious and willing to step into the user’s shoes
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in BE technologies and tools (Node.js, Express, MongoDB)
- Demonstrated experience with designing REST APIs
- Familiar with building SPAs and using Git for version control
- Experience with building complicated, enterprise-level systems
- Experience with unit and e2e testing
- Owners mentality
- Comfortable with working in a fully remote team
- 5+ years of development experience for web applications, especially in b2b saas
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up
- Big + for experience in higher education
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks such as Vue.JS
- Flexible work hours - we have no weekly hour minimums or specified work times. Work whenever you want to, at a pace and time of day that you prefer.
- Expectations of time off - we push all team members to take off at least 17 days per year. However, this is entirely your choice, and time off can be taken whenever you want/need it.
- Remote-first company - We believe remote work is an approach to work, not just working from home, and spend much of our energy on fostering trust and psychological safety in our digital space.
- Lots of other benefits
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/coursedog-backend-node-js-engineer-3