How would you like to design large scale, highly reliable and highly scalable systems that are already processing tens of millions of dollars in transactions per day and seeing exponential user growth?
We are looking for an experienced Python backend engineer who will apply his experience, known best practices, and pull out all stops to scale up and expand our Hummingbot Liquidity Mining systems. You will be part of the core engineering team that will make Hummingbot and its related Liquidity Mining programs part of the critical infrastructure that keeps crypto markets running smoothly worldwide.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement new features and scalability improvements to the Hummingbot Liquidity Mining backend systems.
- Work closely with the rest of the Hummingbot engineering team to maintain high standards both in software quality, and in team communications.
- Propose and discuss improvements in backend system architecture, esp. in scalability and efficiency aspects.
You're a great fit if you have / are:
- Fluent in Python with prior experience in building and maintaining Python backend applications.
- Experience in designing, and developing large scale, missing critical backend systems.
- Knowledge in common backend technologies like AWS, Kafka, MySQL, SQLAlchemy, Kubernetes, etc.
- Knowledge in logging and metric systems like Datadog, ELK, Splunk, etc.
- Good sense on designing highly scalable and highly reliable backend systems.
- Good sense on diagnosing logic and scalability issues in large scale, distributed backend systems.
- Good communication skills and fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Be proactive - propose and implement solutions rather than wait for orders from management.
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
- Join a remote-first, engineering-driven team with 30+ team members across 6 continents
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy