amazon web services
iFood is the biggest and fastest growing FoodTech company in Latin America, operating in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. We aim to make people live more convenient and joyful, by simplifying and disrupting the way they eat through applied technology.As a Software Engineer, you will design, code, test and operate microservices that runs iFood's core business logics. Furthermore, you will also help us building frameworks and tools for identifying performance bottlenecks (eg: Load testing, Chaos engineering), measuring, monitoring and optimizing our backend performance to ensure high availability, scalability and fault tolerance, directly impacting the life of millions of people, daily!
As a Software Engineer, your challenges will be:
- Design, code, test, operate and solve production problems on services running on the cloud (specially AWS);
- Participate in product evolution prioritization, always looking to the best value gains to the business, basing your decisions on data;
- Face and solve scalability, maintainability and reliability challenges
The ingredients we’re looking for:
- Passionate about software development, Object Oriented and Functional programming;
- Automated Tests, Distributed Systems and Secure Development concepts;
- Relational and NoSQL databases, queries and data modeling experience;
- Knowledge on Linux, Infrastructure as Code, Networking, Docker, Kubernetes;
Some optional toppings:
- Prior experience dealing with applications that supports millions of transactions per day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Experience with asynchronous communication between services and concurrency challenges on distributed systems.
- Meal Allowance (“ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação”)
- Fuel or public transportation allowance
- Health and dental plan
- Life insurance
- Children Allowance
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- Subsidy to english classes
- Relocation package for people who live 200km+ away from the office
- Breakfast, beer, energy drink, video games, snacks, pet day and more.
- You’ll work in a very fast-paced and collaborative environment along with other ambitious people. Also, we have nice swags on our offices :)
We are a remote friendly company and strive to onboard the best brilliant minds, wherever they are located! Additionally, iFood has several VERY NICE technology hubs spread over Brazil for our FoodLovers to use - Campinas/SP, São Carlos/SP, Osaco/SP, Porto Alegre/RS and Refice/PE - and also supports candidates that would like to relocate to some of those cities with a relocation plan.
Diversity & Inclusion
iFood is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse environment. Here, we work hard to make sure everyone deserve respect, empathy and equal opportunities to succeed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or age.”
O iFood é uma empresa global que já opera em múltiplos países e por isso estimulamos o uso do inglês em nosso cotidiano. Aqui você será estimulado a fazer aulas, ler, escrever e falar em inglês através de expressões do dia a dia, eventos, cursos, entre outros. Apesar de não ser um pré-requisito, a compreensão de textos em inglês é muito importante para nós.