Practichem is a biotech firm focused on disrupting an industry from the bottom up. We build a patented protein chromatography platform to speed immunotherapies like antiviral medicines to market. We believe scientific instruments should be intuitive, like a smart phone app. We’re setting a new standard by creating instruments that scale as services.
We are looking for a fullstack software engineer with backend expertise to join our team. Our greenfield project offers the opportunity to develop and implement a unique web application in a niche industry. Our engineers excel at writing clean, maintainable, elegant code. Our small team collaborates daily and works in all layers of the stack. Team members contribute at all levels to deliver software solutions, from relational database design to deployment pipelines. We want someone who has high expectations for their own work and strives to exceed these standards.
What you will do
- Fullstack web application development, including testing
- Produce organized, optimized, testable, and maintainable code for enterprise applications
- Develop scalable and efficient backend solutions for greenfield projects
- API design and development
- Contribute in all phases of software development life cycle
- Engage in technical and code reviews
- Write clear and concise documentation for system designs and implementation
- Dive into concepts that may be unfamiliar to you
- Take ownership and figure things out
Required education, experience, and skills
- 5+ years of professional experience in Java tech stacks
- Java 8+ and/or Kotlin
- Experience with design patterns, architecture principles, and development best practices
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- CI/CD experience
- Commitment to clean code principles
- Unit testing and test automation experience
- Familiarity with agile methodology (but we don’t consider it a religion)
Tech stack and tools
- Vue.js, Vuetify, Vuex
- Java 11+, Kotlin
- REST APIs and Websockets
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Docker, Git, AWS
Practichem is a mature startup, run by successful serial entrepreneurs and experienced advisors. Our team are all impressive subject matter experts in our fields, having earned hard lessons through years of experience. We are making amazing progress in an important domain in an organized and structured way. Every person we add to our team plays a significant role and is expected to execute their responsibilities incredibly well, to the highest standard. We trust our team members. They have the freedom to make decisions and take actions as they see fit. We will absolutely maintain a lean team. Our success will directly translate into your success through compensation, exposure to interesting problems, benefits, sharing, and advancement.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We work reasonable hours and rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- We support remote work.
- You'll work alongside other accomplished engineers and scientists.
- Choose a Mac or a PC. You can run Windows or a Linux distro.
- Join Practichem and get $500 in cozy cash to set up your workspace how you want. Buy a super mouse, a wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
Make sure you’re having fun at work -- meet new friends, push yourself in new ways, try new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We don’t want that. We want you to work hard, love what you do, and have fun.