Why would I enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management. It is available as a cloud service or for on-premises deployment.
This position is available for remote work within Bulgaria or Poland.
Explain the vision for this role; What is the primary need, technical challenge, or most significant problem you are going to solve?
Our goal is to enable Workspace One- Access Team delivers On-premise and SaaS solutions as well as core components to be used throughout the EUC suite. As part of the WS1 Access team you will be involved in writing code, design and development of scalable software. You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.
Within the first 6-12 months, what are the 2-3 most important performance goals I would be expected to complete for you to consider me successful in this role?
You will need to produce software design and execute them for new use cases for Workspace One Access business running on Hosted and OnPrem solutions.
You will need to produce design to scale the current system.
You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
What type of work will I be doing? What experience is required? What assignments or requirements will I be performing on a regular basis? What are my deliverables?
- At least 3 years of experience with developing Java or C# backend applications is required.
- You will design software and write code using Java, Spring and Vert.x
- You will implement and improve processes around DevOps, Agile, and CI/CD
- You will develop applications using micro-services and other cloud design patterns
- You care and have strong RESTful API design, including API versioning, backwards compatibility, authentication and rate limiting.
- Experience of working in sustaining engineering and ability to analyze and debug the codes written by other developers.
- You will own and support software components deployed in SaaS and On-Premises environments. This includes:
- Develop distributed unit tests and integration tests for the features you develop
- Determining the level of testing needed and ensuring that it is done such that your changes can be deployed on SaaS Environments.
Who is the hiring manager? What is your background and management style? What is the structure of the team/organization I will be working with?
This role will be reporting to the Manager, Engineering. Our team’s focus is on challenging the status quo by innovating but at the same time getting stuff done.
We believe in building trust amongst all our stakeholders and committing to make our customers successful.
The team is organized based on modules to define clear responsibility and accountability. At the same time teams are fluid enough to own up whatever is needed for the larger product to be successful.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.