At BlueLabs we are building a next-generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. Our technology already powers BetFox, a new sportsbook operator in Ghana, and we plan rolling it out to additional regions in 2022.
To ensure the continuous enhancement of our platform while scaling up operations, we are now looking to grow our distributed team and our Data Team is on the lookout for a versatile BI Engineer. With our Data Platform still in its early stages, you'll have an opportunity to make a huge impact, work on a variety of interesting data-related challenges and help us shape the future of our platform.
The mission of Data Team is to provide an ecosystem where data is transmitted, stored, processed, served, and analyzed in a fast, clean, reliable, and secure way. As a team, we have the expertise to drive data-related initiatives and make an impact in various parts of the organization.
Our goal is to provide a cutting-edge Data Platform which can be leveraged to build pipelines, explore data, discover insights, build predictive models, and collaborate with other teams on enhancing services. We strive for innovation and promote data-driven solutions which, we believe, will make our products more compelling and give us a competitive advantage on the market. We’re currently building a strong foundation for our platform - well-modelled Data Lake/Warehouse, real-time data ingestion pipelines with scalability in mind, sophisticated observability, and more. This provides the base for Business Intelligence initiatives and Machine Learning/Data Science in the future.
As a BI Engineer in our team, you’ll be responsible for communicating requirements with the stakeholders and implementing solutions that make relevant information easily accessible to the business users. Success in this role will require a good understanding of the sports betting domain (not a pre-requisite), an ability to work with complex data models, transformations (eg. DBT), BI tools (eg. Looker), as well as proficiency in SQL and scripting languages (eg. Python). You'll have an opportunity to combine a variety of interesting data sets to conduct analysis and provide useful insights to the business. Since we're only in the early stages with Analytics, you'll be able to make a big impact and influence the design of our Data-related products.
A good candidate should have high standards for himself, a desire to build high-quality, well-tested, production-ready solutions in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for a proactive individual, who's an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, organized and loves to keep his/her work well documented.
If all of this sounds scary, don’t worry - you won’t be alone in this. We value teamwork, trust, communication and a healthy working environment, so you can always count on the team for help.
- You have good problem-solving skills, a tendency towards simple and effective solutions, and a “getting things done” mentality.
- Analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new technologies.
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in Europe. You must also be able to travel to other European locations 1-2 times a year for our onsite meetings.
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €90,000 annually, depending on your skills and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide a number of perks to all team members.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL, data wrangling, and analysis.
- 1+ years of experience with data modeling and BI tools, such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau, or similar tools.
- Experience in designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Knowledge of statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Experience in preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Experience in collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Experience in creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.