Blue Orange Digital
This is a full-time fully remote position for USA and Latin American-based applicants within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones (NYC).
Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Big Data Solutions Architect to join our talented multi-disciplinary team.
Blue Orange is looking for an experienced Big Data Solutions Architect with significant experience in enterprise Data Lake & Data Warehouse initiatives. We build modern data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate advanced analytics and machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains. This person will work directly with our client's leadership to help define the architecture of the future enterprise data platform. They will work closely with stakeholders and team members to determine the needs of the platform and design solutions that can allow the company to use data more efficiently and build trust in it. The person who fills this role will get a chance to work with multiple subject areas from Supply Chain to Finance to IoT.
- Design a cutting edge architecture for a Modern Data Platform that includes batch and streaming use cases.
- Analyze Client Needs and Requirements in order to design robust solutions
- Design and thoroughly document Software and Data Architectures for the client needs
- Work with stakeholders across the client's teams to understand their needs and make recommendations.
- Communicate solutions effectively with clients and team members
- Monitor progress and adjust architecture/decisions as needed
- Establish best practices and bake them into solution designs
- Consider security, performance, quality
- Create POCs to kickstart the development for the team.
- Evaluate new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of enterprise IT experience across data engineering, software engineering, DevOps or architecture roles.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- 5+ years of experience of Cloud computing experience.
- 5+ years of experience implementing Data Lake & Data Warehouse platforms.
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Redshift
- In-depth working knowledge in Big Data & Analytics
- AWS certification, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership in the fields of big data, data warehousing or data science.
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
- Experience with streaming data systems and IoT applications.
- Hands-on experience in designing enterprise data models.
"Top 10 AI development and consulting Agencies in NYC" - Clutch
As seen in:
IBM thinkLeaders, Dell Innovators, YahooFinance, Global Banking & Finance Review Magazine, IoT Council of Europe, AiBusiness, Data-Driven Investor, DataFloq, Supply Chain Matters, Machine Learning Times.
See all our Open Positions at BlueOrange.Digital
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital aims to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team with members all across the US and Latin America.
*If you're seeing this on a scraped job board go to our website:
BlueOrange.Digital > Careers > Apply Now > breezy.hr
and QUICK APPLY(3 min) with your Linkedin profile, Indeed profile, or attach an English resume. Done.