amazon web services
About the team:
The WebSummit engineering team is broken up into smaller cross-functional teams which deliver different business projects; like ad-automation, core data APIs, attendee web applications and internal optimisation tools.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Asia and Collision in Toronto.
What you will achieve:
- You’ll be central to building out a new and scalable software architecture for WebSummits future conferences and clients.
- You’ll work closely with the CTO and senior stakeholders, aligning your design and vision, with company goals and objectives.
- You’ll create accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail.
- You’ll Identify and influence solutions to complex technical issues that we face, building prototypes and roadmaps to promote new technologies and processes.
- You’ll be a leader in best practice architectural design and methodologies, delivering high-quality code for critical sections of the product and/or platform.
- You will provide cross-functional coordination, synergy and communication in delivering best in class conference software.
Who you are:
- You have strong experience in designing and building clean, scalable software architectures
- You always strive to deeply understand an organisation's objectives and principles, which feeds into your architectural vision
- You love working with key stakeholders from multiple teams, absorbing their needs, and where your software will impact them.
- You have a passion for learning, and knowledge sharing, working across the engineering org, and leading teams in your vision.
- You are product passionate, and enjoy the journey to software excellence.
- You are always keeping in touch with the latest technologies, and seeing where they can be applied to architecture.
- You have strong understanding of infrastructure and how a well designed infrastructure can efficiently support a well designed software architecture
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role (Architect/Software Development Manager)
- Proven experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ECS, AWS Service Catalog)
- Experience with distributed systems, built in a services architecture, on cloud platforms
- Deep database experience, ideally with postgresql
- Understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world conference/behavioural scenarios.
- Extensive Agile mindset and practices preferred