We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who can provide technical leadership for the rest of the company. As the CTO, you will be responsible for outlining SelfDecode's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with SelfDecode and the customers’ needs.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely. Equity is available for outstanding applicants.
The ideal applicant will be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in technological development.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Making sure that all the parts of our technology work well together and that when we have releases predict how they might interact with another part.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Representing the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Tracking, analyzing, and monitoring technology performance metrics.
- Taking the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity and acting as a mentor to team members.
- Creating a culture of collaboration within the organization that emphasizes teamwork and accountability.
- Communicating the company’s technology strategy to stakeholders including clients, investors, executives, and internal team members.
- Spearheading IT projects to increase our market reach and improve our USP.
- Overseeing all designs and modifications to our system architecture.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of software engineering and IT experience.
- Professional experience in web development and data sciences
- Strong experience in designing complex databases.
- A proven track record of success in leadership positions.
- Project management, organizational, leadership, and communication English-language skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be comfortable with a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Biotechnology/healthcare industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- An impressive technology-related achievement that stands out from the average software engineer.
- Familiarity with Django and React
- Bayesian Programming, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Python, Java, R, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data.
- Familiarity with marketing platforms, programs, and policies.
- Business Analysis.
- APIs and Integrations.
- Data Analytics.