We will set you up with all the necessary tools to perform the job from your home office.
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We're an accomplished team of technology, finance, and design geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
Build products that simplify the lending process Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers Engage with our customers through more human experiences
Our culture is one that values transparency and blameless problem solving. Earnest has a strong track record of employee growth and career progression. Earnies are empathetic, product-focused, proactive, and curious.
As the Cloud Architect, you will report to the Head of Infrastructure and:
- Create and review logical and physical system architecture models which consist of system diagrams, network connectivity, and security standards.
- Lead cloud architecture design efforts and work with cloud engineers and development teams to identify system requirements for application and systems design.
- Review cloud infrastructure and cloud deployment strategy for, reliable, secure and consistent implementation.
- Promote a culture of cloud automation, including the enforcement of standards and naming convention and focus on tagging strategies, governance, cost savings, monitoring, alerting, and systems growth.
- Communicate tradeoffs for design alternatives to project technical leads and managers.
- Coordinate with the Security and Compliance department to identify, track, and resolve cloud security and non-compliance issues.
- Lead development and implementation of tools, methods, runbooks, and procedures to improve efficiency on cloud operations support to achieve faster time to resolution.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 10+ years in software technologies
- 3+ years as a cloud architect or similar role in infrastructure or DevOps
- Technical proficiency in cloud management concepts, principles, and governance
- Experience in writing and developing policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines is required
- Proven proficiency in structured analysis and design techniques, including normalization
- Experience in AWS, Kubernetes/Docker, and Terraform is preferred
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 Travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
- Great culture with an awesome team
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.