Where you’ll work
Every day, publishers and brands around the world work with WoodWing products to create magazines, newspapers, and other content, online, in-app, and in print. At WoodWing, you will help build the future of content production, in an organization with little hierarchy and lots of freedom to develop your own skills.
About your role
Join us to help develop and expand our cloud platform. By combining our products Studio, Assets DAM and Inception together, the WoodWing Cloud Services product is a solution which helps fast, flexible and cost-effective content creation, production, archiving, distribution and analytics.
Who you are
We’re looking for a developer who will, as part of our strong team, develop solutions for our cloud products. As a Cloud Developer, you’ll work on setting up and maintaining software which makes use of AWS infrastructure. Together with your team, you have the responsibility of developing the software and environment in such a way that it is highly stable, dependable and secure. You’ll be required to think about the architecture and new functionality and bring those to life together with your team. The teams at WoodWing have the freedom to decide for themselves which tools and technologies they use to be able to do their work. The core of the current technology stack is built within AWS. Aside from that, we use multiple languages, libraries and tools within our applications, as long as it helps us achieve our goals. We expect you to pick up new things quickly and to strengthen the team with your own experience and ideas. You will need to achieve a good balance between attention to detail, speed of development and maintaining code quality.
- Experience with Docker.
- Ability to design and develop cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with more than 2 programming languages.
- Experience with high availability infrastructure.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, automation, test driven development, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment or Continuous Delivery.
- You can pick up new programming languages or tools quickly if need be.
- You can work independently within a small, highly skilled team.
- 3 years experience as a cloud developer.
- You can communicate in English, in both spoken and written word.
- Experience of applying an agile methodology.
To your advantage:
- AWS Certification such as: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Developer, AWS Solutions Architect.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, including Elastic Container Service, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), CloudFormation, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Lambda & Step Functions.
- More than 4 years experience as a developer, in total.
- Experience with build servers like Jenkins or AWS CodeBuild.
- Experience with frameworks such as AWS SAM or CDK.
- Experience with NodeJS, Python, Bash and Makefiles.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with developing for and contributing to Open Source projects
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with a strong team of professional developers.
- Help to specify and build new functionality.
- Help the team improve and maintain existing codebases.
- Create solutions to be proud of, for large international customers.
What we offer
- We build standard products, not custom work. At WoodWing you’ll have the time to build a good architecture.
- We offer the chance to attend professionally related international events.
- There are many possibilities to develop yourself further and grow within our mature and flexible organization, such as gaining AWS Certification.
- Located in Zaandam, easily reachable by both train or car. Plenty of parking spaces.
- Contact with colleagues working around the world, with a strong base of developers in Zaandam
- Possibility to occasionally work from home (we are currently working fully remotely)
- Excellent secondary employment benefits.
- Informal working environment including Nerf guns, table tennis table, foosball table, pool table and pair programming tables.
- Every six months, three explore days where you can work on any project you like.
Our culture and values Our team is made up of more than 20 nationalities, across offices in the Netherlands, Malaysia, and the US. While we have a mix of people, we have a common goal: to build the future of content production for the world’s leading publishers and brands.
WoodWing is an organization with a history of innovation. Nearly two decades ago, we helped popularize Adobe InDesign with our first plugin. In 2010 we were the first software provider to make it possible to publish on the iPad. And in 2019 we became the preferred partner of Apple for publishing to Apple News+.
Our culture is built around six values - Exploration, Collaboration, Leadership, Fun, and People at Heart. Our values to bring culture to life in our day-to-day behavior. They are carefully selected based on what we have developed over our years as a company, and what we consider important to reach our vision.
Ready to meet us? If this role looks like your next challenge, please apply by sending your cv and motivation to [email protected]
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
- This is a direct hire, agencies are not welcome.