We are currently seeking Cloud Native Java Developers that are fluent in both Java 8-11 and Spring Boot to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions while very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists.
We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart. At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are an all-remote Company headquartered in (upstate New York) Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time Remote role with paid vacation, great benefits, and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is 100% remote(forever) - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements.
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders.
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software.
- Build web applications using Spring Boot.
- Build Microservices that connect to Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle.
- Writing functional and unit tests to maintain code quality.
- Work with Jenkins to perform continuous integration.
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects.
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform.
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions.
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java development experience (6 or more years)
- Hands-on experience with Java 8-11 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, and/or Spring Cloud
- Hands-on experience with AWS as cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS
- Hands-on experience with relational databases.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team.
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines; or equivalent work experience
Preferred Requirements a PLUS
- Hands-on with Scala is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with a microservice architecture.
- Experience using Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Experience with AWS Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Experience developing Node.js AWS Lambdas is a plus
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration workflow
- Experience acting as a technical lead is a plus.