Cloud Network Engineer
infrastructure as code
Location: Type: Full-time
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Cloud Network Engineer
We are seeking a Cloud Network Engineer to join our exciting start-up, working with an experienced engineering team, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’s ground-breaking SaaS (Software as a Service) Cybersecurity Human Risk Management Platform
- Develop and implement new networking services on Azure using Infrastructure as Code to empower our developers to deliver securely and at pace.
- Work with OutThink’s customers, partners, and our own Data Engineers to securely connect to remote data sources, APIs, and security systems.
- Help ensure the availability and security of our cloud platform’s network utilising security best-practices and proactive monitoring.
- Be a networking expert, who will strive to develop network solutions that are automated and use infrastructure as code to automate the delivery of cloud network and infrastructure components.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that delivered systems are both technically sustainable, highly secure and meet business needs.
- Produce and continually update technical documentation and assist with customer queries and proposals.
- Use agile working practices with teams across engineering and with strategic partners to release enterprise class network and cloud services.
- Help to deploy and manage the Microsoft ecosystem across the organisation, including Defender, Sentinel and M365.
- Be an advocate and driving force behind the implementation of next generation networking, including Zero Trust.
What You’ll Need
- 5 + years minimum in an Infrastructure or Networking Engineering role, with at least 3 years working as a network specialist incorporating cloud infrastructure.
- A widespread understanding of enterprise network solutions including firewalls, load balancers and virtual networks.
- DevOps Tooling skillset, incorporating either Terraform, ARM Templates or Azure Bicep.
- Virtualisation technologies, for both Windows Server and Linux.
- Commercial experience with Azure AD and Microsoft security product deployments, such as Defender and Sentinel.
- Ability to work on both project and operational support.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related technical field.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- Microsoft Azure networking experience, including (but not limited to) Virtual Networks, Web Application Firewall, Application Gateway and/or Azure Front Door.
- Training or certifications in Microsoft Azure, such as Azure Enterprise Administrator Expert or Azure Network Engineer Associate.
- Experience of deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters, in particular AKS.
- Previous experience working in a cybersecurity company, or in a cyber related field.
- Experience of AWS Cloud.
In Return You Will Receive
- An opportunity to help build our new, highly sophisticated and secure cloud-native
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud based and networking technologies available, working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly, and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback.
- 34 days paid holiday (including public holidays).
- Plus, an extra day off on your birthday!