We are seeking a Cloud Software Developer to join our exciting start-up, working within a high performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’s brand new SaaS Cybersecurity Human Risk Management Platform.
The platform provides cutting-edge training experiences and simulations to hundreds of thousands of users around the world via both desktop and mobile devices, and at the same time monitors training responses and continually gathers feedback. This subjective data is collated and processed by our cloud engines in Azure, culminating in the provision of sophisticated predictive human risk management models, experienced through the delivery of highly visual and interactive on-line dashboards.
You will be working to help design and build high performing APIs, robust microservices, cloud native databases, backend algorithms, AI services and infrastructure in support of the company’s vision for a supremely scalable, extensible, and highly performing cloud-native solution.
What You’ll Need
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design, allowing you to write code that’s clean, fast, and scalable.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate or semi-numerate discipline.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- Extensive commercial experience of building and working with cloud-native or hybrid cloud solutions with Azure.
- Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft .NET Core 3.1 or .NET Framework 5.0 using C#.
- Experience of building cloud-native solutions with Microsoft Azure; with at least some of the following:Azure Functions, Machine Learning, Storage Accounts, App Service for Containers, API Management, Azure Service Bus and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Containerization Technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx).
- Strong SQL Server skillset, including T-SQL.
- Experience of building solutions incorporating NoSQL Databases such as Redis, MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB, or Azure Cosmos DB.
- Unit Testing Frameworks, such as MSTest or NUnit.
- Git Source Control, with GitHub or Azure DevOps Services.
- Open API / REST API exposure.
- Proven experience working with event driven distributed systems.
- Design experience with domain driven microservices based architectures and CQRS.
In Return You’ll Receive
- An opportunity to help build a new, highly sophisticated cloud-native platform.
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available, working closely with top experts in the industry.
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly, and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Competitive salary
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback.
- 34 days paid holiday (including public holidays).
- Plus, an extra day off on your birthday!