CoinCap is a website and mobile app for real-time crypto market data. It is a fast and easy way to check prices of digital assets, and to track one’s portfolios. Owned by ShapeShift, CoinCap has operated independently since 2015. It remains a leading source of crypto-currency pricing information for the industry and its participants. As we enter this 2021 bull market cycle, ShapeShift is committed to investing the necessary resources into CoinCap to achieve market dominance.
ShapeShift is looking for a Product Champion to drive this effort. This leader will be given a budget for the tools and resources needed to successfully achieve our ambitious marketplace goals in 2021. The role is expected to be short-term (less than one year), with considerable upside for accomplishing goals and objectives.
This is a 4-12 month contract, fully remote in western time zones and you will report every two weeks to both the CEO and CPO at ShapeShift.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will lead the “CoinCap Moon Mission.” You will take charge of all aspects of the CoinCap product including brand, mobile and web application, API, infrastructure, customer relations, partnerships, product development, and growth marketing.
Your role is to be understood as similar to a “GM” of CoinCap. You will be relatively autonomous and solely accountable for success. There will be material guidance in the first couple weeks, but limited guidance after that.
You will have a monthly budget from ShapeShift, and must use this budget to achieve ambitious goals for CoinCap’s product development, growth, and sale in 2021. This is a sprint, requiring fast and dedicated action with long hours over several months.
You will use the budget to contract (or potentially hire) a small development team and any other resources you deem necessary to accomplish the objectives.
Example KPIs/ Metrics
- Increase Monthly Active User base.
- Achieve “Asset Completeness” such that the top 1,000 assets by market cap on CoinCap.
- Ensure data accuracy and automation of updates to that data.
- Maintain highly performant and reliable service for web, mobile, and API.
- Develop the product with simple yet useful features targeted at achieving meaningful user growth and positive app ratings.
- Develop SEO and ASO to maintain top placements for key crypto terms.
- Formally document code and application operations (with an eye toward maximizing the potential valuation of the CoinCap software suite).
- Implement API keys, such that API access requires a (free) API key which can be refreshed, tracked and potentially be gated and productized.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of product experience managing mobile and/or web applications
- 5+ years of experience building, managing, and working with software development teams
- Agile or SCRUM level experience working with technical teams and working with task management software like JIRA or similar.
- Thorough understanding Agile methodologies for streamlining projects, prioritization, and communication.
- Ability to set a strategic roadmap for your product and change course as needed, making sure to stay aligned with business goals and customer needs. This includes being able to prioritize urgent items, emergency items, and project work.
- Ability to work independently, enthusiastically, and creatively.
- Proven flexibility during periods of rapid growth, with ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments.
- 2+ years of experience working with and understanding bitcoin and other crypto markets
- 2+ years of experience doing marketing and/or community management for consumer applications.
- Experience working with teams to maximize valuations of software assets for potential sale.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Compensation: based on experience
- Significant bonus potential
- Remote work
- Opportunity to be paid in Bitcoin
The Company provides the above compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. The Company reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex of other status protected by local, state, or federal law.