Maharishi Foundation International
Remote (European time zone preferred) ,London
Remote Jobs in London>
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of around 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
The Communications Specialist will own the strategy and guidelines for all emails and other digital communications to users of our mobile and web applications, and to internal stakeholders in order to meet targets related to customer satisfaction, user retention, and other goals determined in consultation with stakeholders. In this role, the Communications Specialist will work closely with many parts of the team such as Legal, Design, Customer Support, and Product to determine and implement the most effective messaging for our user base.
The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on all email activities and notifications through Mailchimp and other platforms.
You have approximately 5 years of professional marketing experience and are very familiar with best digital marketing practices. You have an eye for detail but can also think through holistic systems.
As a marketer, you are familiar with basic user experience principles and are always considering how to make messaging more user-friendly. You are a skilled digital copywriter and can fill in that role as needed to help meet goals and deadlines, and you are comfortable mentoring junior-level writers on the team. You are also an excellent editor, capable of reviewing and improving any piece of writing for tone, effectiveness, grammar, and clarity. In the roles of copywriter and editor, you can adapt the messaging to a variety of tones and styles to suit the necessary voice and balance organizational and user needs.
Finally, you love communicating with other team members to get work done. You are excited to be able to coordinate tasks to accomplish key objectives. As part of this collaboration, you are happy for your general working hours to include the hours of 4pm-6pm CET, Monday-Friday, to enable meetings and real-time communication and alignment with the rest of your team.
- Regular reporting on email performance & unsubscribe rates as well as push notifications reports. Will work closely with MFI’s Data Analyst to ensure that all reports are up to date and comprehensive.
Managing email & notification strategy
- Strategy of all email communications including the communication guidelines, feature announcements, transactional emails, user retention and waiting list strategy. Will communicate with all necessary parties to inform on strategy changes and document them accordingly.
- Writing and editing copy as needed for our mobile app and supporting websites, implementing clear, effective, and concise messages helping users navigate our mobile and web products.
Updating team members on communications guidelines and strategy
- Maintaining and updating the communications guidelines document. Keeping the whole team updated on additions and updates to the guidelines so they are consistently used across all communications.
- Acting as a reference point for strategy questions
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of professional marketing and/or copywriting experience
- Prior marketing training or certification
- Virtually flawless grammar
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Comfortable with the primary features of standard email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, although not required to code or manage technical integrations
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with the Transcendental Meditation® organization, meditation, or some form of healthy living
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in hearing from you!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 65th percentile of market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We place real importance on diversity and we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work. We also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete.