The McClatchy Company
McClatchy is searching for a Consumer Experience Content Strategist to manage and create writing that connects with our readers through multiple channels. The successful candidate is creative, highly-collaborative and motivated by the purpose and vital role of strong, independent local journalism in the 30 communities McClatchy serves.
This position is based in the Product Experience group, but you will work cross-functionally with News and Marketing. The content you create will take many forms across different channels as we grow and retain our audience.
Location: This position will work remotely, within the United States.
- Write clear, consistent product and marketing copy. This will include in-product education, paywall copy, CTAs, notifications, purchase flows, marketing emails, ads, print promotions and more. It can be as simple as writing copy for a button or as complex as planning a new marketing campaign.
- Learn our customer typologies and align copy strategies with product objectives.
- Contribute hypotheses for product copy A/B testing
- Optimize copy based on data decisions
- Develop a content strategy that aligns to short and long-term product and marketing objectives
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Maintain documentation of content created
- Identify gaps in our marketing and brainstorm new campaign ideas
- Create style guides
- Proofread and edit content written by other partners in the organization
- Interpret creative direction and adapt copy to meet direction
- Degree in Marketing, Journalism or Communications OR equivalent professional experience
- Show skill and versatility with hands-on writing, editing and planning
- Proven work experience as a Content Strategist, Copy Writer or similar role
- Ability to repurpose previous content
- A portfolio of published content
- Must value storytelling in product and marketing copy
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
TO APPLY: Please include a link to your online portfolio, or provide as attachments.