Awesome Motive, Inc.
We are looking for an experienced people manager who has already held leadership responsibilities, but isn't afraid to dive in and do the work hands-on when needed.
This is also an SEO-focused position where you will be responsible for growing targeted organic traffic and conversions on multiple websites, via blog and email content, on-page SEO, and CRO. This will require strong copywriting and Google Analytics skills.
?? Interested in applying?
?? Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out )
To love this role, here's the type of person you are
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You have a passion for producing and optimizing content that get real results.
- You are comfortable giving critical feedback to peers (in a respectful and productive manner) and also don't take feedback given personally.
- You're happy working on tasks of all sizes, delegating and overseeing strategy as well as jumping in to take care of the details yourself when needed.
- Manage about 3 writers across multiple AM brands, including monitoring performance and ensuring they meet or exceed their goals.
- Oversee the consistency, quality, and results of the blog content and emails, and provide regular feedback to help writers improve in SEO, CRO, and copywriting.
- Use Google Analytics and SEO tools to identify opportunities to boost traffic and rankings, and use your analysis to assist writers in planning and optimizing content for traffic and conversions.
- Review and approve important content before publication, such as new feature announcements, sales emails, web copy, etc.
- Communicate proactively with product leads on the brands you oversee so everyone is on the same page.
- Jump in and write effective sales copy when needed, including anything from in-app micro copy to the occasional website redesign.
- Onboard and train new writers in our style and processes.
- People Management 2+ years of experience managing a team of 2 or more, preferably in a remote, global environment.
- SEO You are an experienced SEO practitioner and have optimized and high-ranking content in your portfolio.
- Copywriting You know how to write persuasive copy that gets results.
- Google Analytics You know how to analyze SEO and CRO results in Google Analytics and use the data to plan content strategy.
- CRO You measure the success of content based on conversions, not vanity metrics. You know how to optimize content to increase conversions.
- Organization You're able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively.
- Familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem, especially Awesome Motive products.
- Email marketing experience, especially with Drip.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here's what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India.
- Work from your home. We're spread out all over the world - United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you'll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
We won't be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you're a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!