Headquarters: New York City, NY
Our focus is on long-form, written content that helps companies educate their audience (executives, managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover.
We are looking for Content Strategists to manage our teams of Content Marketing Managers, as well as oversee the deliverables and expectations of multiple customers. If you love creating content strategies, managing people, and using your knowledge and experience in content marketing to help others grow, this is the perfect position for you.
Please note that applicants must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role at this time.
You're a fit for the Content Strategist role if:
- You have experience writing high-quality content in-house or at an agency
- You have a holistic understanding of content marketing, and can leverage its various facets (blog content, distribution channels, reporting, etc.) to create and iterate on strategies for customers
- You are opinionated about content marketing, and can speak clearly and persuasively about what qualifies as quality content (and why)
- You take both performance-based and creative approaches to content, and are an expert at balancing the two to create successful pieces and strategies for customers
- You are excited about managing content marketers and helping them grow in their roles
- You can tie micro work back to macro goals and tell a story about results so that your team members are able to share successes with stakeholders
This role requires:
- At least 1 year of management experience, ideally of freelance writers, content managers, or a similar role
- 2 or more years of experience creating and iterating on content strategies for an an agency, brand, or multiple customers
- 2 or more years of experience tracking and reporting on those strategies, using Google Analytics and similar tools for data-gathering
- Experience with on-page SEO and creating posts optimized for search, using Ahrefs, SEMrush, or similar tools for research
- Strong interest in B2B, SaaS, and/or technology and a thorough knowledge of the top content and thought leadership in these fields
- A desire to work hours aligning with North America's EST and/or PST time zones (to accommodate our team's schedules)
- Authorization to work in the United States
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all employees. We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can be available for customer calls
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- 5 floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary and secondary care providers
- Monthly health and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
If you have questions or need assistance during the application process:
If you have a question about this role that hasn't been answered here, or would like to ask about workplace accommodations, please reach out to workwithus @ animalz.co. Thank you!