Penske is seeking dedicated Customer Care Specialists for the National Reservation Center. In this customer service and sales role, we are looking for associates who will be dedicated to meeting our customers household truck rental needs. As an essential business, we are open and ready to serve our customers and provide a legendary customer experience.
As a Customer Care Specialist, we can provide a great work environment including:
- Hourly Pay Plus Uncapped Commission
- Weekly Pay
- Telecommute from the comfort of your home
- Incentive based contests
- Daily virtual engagement with chat, meetings and more with your Leadership team and peers using Microsoft Teams
There is a potential those close to Corporate Penske in Reading, PA would return to the office.
- Handle a high volume of inbound calls daily to provide solutions
- Provide excellent customer service
- Dedication to meet and exceed monthly goals
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance
- Two week, virtual classroom paid training with an on the job training the 3rd week
- Repeat seasonal opportunities, heavy emphasis on promotion from within
- We are here to help our customers and are open 7 days a week from 7AM-12AM eastern time (closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas). We are looking for associates who would be available for shifts that run between 11AM-12AM
- We need you to work a weekend day as part of your regular schedule. If you want to work both that's great!
- In this role we do two shift bids a year. Schedule selected is based on seniority
These positions will begin as temporary full-time assignments with the opportunity to become regular fulltime after 60 days with review of work performance and attendance.
- Must have the ability to work from home in a quiet space free from distractions
- Must have reliable and consistent, high-speed internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider (no DSL, satellite or wireless)
- Minimum upload speed of 3mbps and minimum download speed of 5mbps
- Use of wireless, hotspot or WiFi "air cards" are prohibited
- Smartphone; app used as part of remote log in process
- NOTE: Chromebooks and Tablets are not supported
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some holidays required
- Handle inbound/outbound calls from multiple sources
- Ability to provide a legendary customer experience by connecting and providing solutions to all customers required
- Must be able to meet and exceed department and company sales goals.
- Ability to learn and execute selling techniques
- Strong interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills, and the ability to build rapport with customers required
- Basic math, logic, geography and problem solving skills as well as the ability to follow specific instructions are also required
- Ability to type, listen and think of an appropriate solution to your customer's needs all while keeping up a lively verbal exchange. And you'll need to be fast - customers don't want to wait
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.