Maharishi Foundation International
USA or EU - Remote Position ,California
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of over 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking customer support experts to provide the vital function of supporting the users of web apps and mobile apps developed and released by MFI. You will be the first contact many of our users have with our organisation, and you will play a significant role in determining their feelings about our apps and our organisation as a whole.
You’ll be responding to email and live chat messages from users, you will be covering 4pm UTC to 12am UTC, and you will be working five days out of seven in order to help provide cover for weekends.
You’ll be working closely with two other customer support experts as we create teams of three to cover each time zone area. Your work will not be geographically bound however - wherever a query or issue comes from, it may be for you to pick up and try to solve.
You are an enthusiastic yet considered communicator, and a natural problem solver. Your attitude is focused on achieving positive outcomes for the user. You’ll be comfortable using technical tools, and you are able to understand the thinking behind the use of particular tools, processes, and systems. You are highly organised and comfortable with having to dynamically prioritise between multiple projects.
- Communicating with customers
- Respond to email and live chat queries from customers about issues they are experiencing in using MFI’s mobile apps or web app
- Hand off and pick up customer issues within and across our Customer Support Expert geographical teams
- Track and update the status of customer issues through our CRM software
- Communicate feedback and product support challenges experienced by customers to the appropriate teams within MFI
- Technical support
- Research, troubleshoot and help solve complex software issues
- Escalate technical issues to the development and product teams
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of MFI’s app and supporting technologies to diagnose software issues, and collaborate with our product and engineering teams to solve product issues
- Training and education
- Lead live coaching sessions and presentations to onboard and train other team members
- Gather information from other teams in MFI about developments in our product or changes in our ways of working, and share this information within the Customer Support team broadly
- Continuously refine internal and external communication templates, knowledge bases, and other support materials
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be flexible around working weekends - this role is part of a team of three people who collectively will need to provide weekend coverage for the relevant timezone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technically skilled and experienced in using various modern SaaS tools for customer support, customer relationship management & email
- Advanced knowledge of G Suite applications
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Strong focus on delivering an exceptional client experience
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Experience as a qualified teacher of Transcendental Meditation preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 65th percentile of market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity, but we know we need to do better. We strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.