ata Engineer - Remote GameAnalytics
GameAnalytics is one of the world’s most popular analytics tools, with a network of 140,000 integrated games that are played by more than 1.7 billion people each month (more than one-third of mobile gamers). We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer with experience managing large unstructured data projects. This is a great position for someone looking to take a leading role in the development of a promising new GameAnalytics product.
As part of the wider team, you’ll work closely and collaboratively with key business stakeholders, reporting directly to the business unit technical and commercial leads. We’re looking for a quick learner with proven experience managing big data projects. Also, a geek at heart who loves to play around with the latest technologies and games.
You’ll work closely with the engineering, product and marketing teams to ensure that our tools are always performing at their very best. You’ll have a good memory and be able to visually understand complex data structures.
- Design and develop data pipelines, data ingestion, and ETL processes that are scalable, repeatable, and secure
- Define company assets (data models), pyspark jobs to populate data models
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Comfortable working in an iterative process with close collaboration between product/engineering/frontend on multiple technologies
- Ensure accurate, scalable and performant systems via ongoing optimization of our data and data pipelines
- Managing complex infrastructure and contributing to the product life-cycle and feature development
- Taking care of software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment
- At least two years of experience with Python, PHP and Data visualization/exploration tools. Elixir or R highly also desirable
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and data modelling
- Highly skilled - including practical use - in Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, Pig, Spark, PySpark, Spark)
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures and data modelling
- Experience with document storage systems like SQL / Couchbase / MongoDB
- Experience processing data asynchronously (distributed and parallel processing)
- Great written communication and interpersonal skills -- able to build rapport with a wide array of people using virtual communication channels
- High responsiveness to internal queries, prioritisation of issues and escalation to other members of the team where necessary
- Excellent oral and verbal skills in English
- Good understanding of practical Machine Learning capabilities (Spark MLlib, Amazon SageMaker and/or Google Cloud AI etc.)
- Practical experience with Big Data technologies (Apache Hadoop, PIG, Spark, PySpark or Hive)
- Previous experience with natural language processing techniques and technology
- Experience working with AWS systems
- Practical experience working with big data; managing billions of data points
- Experience working cross-functionally with development and data teams
- A games industry background (or real passion for games) is a big bonus!
- Remote working flexibility – or part-time remote
- (When in office) Food, snacks and drink
- Entertainment Area
- 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holiday)
- Company sickness leave
- Parental and guardian leave
- Additional compassionate leave
- “Work-from-Anywhere” Scheme
- Learning budgets
- Monthly social nights
- Expense phone bill
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that you will be hired under a PEO arrangement for remote roles located outside of the UK and Denmark. This is to ensure that our benefits are not in violation of local employment laws.