ata Scientist StyleSe
100% Remote (U.S. Based Only)
At StyleSeat, our mission is to help people look and feel their best. We are on the path to achieving this mission by being the go-to marketplace for consumers to discover, book, and pay for beauty and grooming services (hair stylists, colorists, nail artists, estheticians, barbers, etc). We are also the premier solution for all independent professionals in the industry to run and grow their business. We have powered over 120 million appointments booked and $10B in revenue for small businesses and are on the path to much more.
As a Data Scientist at StyleSeat, you will have a rare opportunity to join a startup empowering small business owners across the country to be more successful doing what they love. Our team believes in discipline, hustle and supporting each other to make a positive impact for our community and bottom line. We believe that diversity makes us stronger and helps us better support our customers. Our community is the center of everything we do.
About the Role:
We are a greenfield team focused on Data Science which sits at the epicenter of the business and work closely with our sister teams in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence. This is an extremely exciting time for Data Science at StyleSeat as we are at the infancy of defining the roadmap, which you will have an opportunity to influence. Our work will have an impact and add value to multiple domains, from engineering, marketing, and product, to the executive team.
We are looking for a driven Data Scientist with software engineering experience to help take the StyleSeat experience to the next level of intelligence and joy. This role will work on core machine learning algorithms and systems that are part of our ability to understand the behavior and goals of our professional and client communities and build outstanding products. It will involve a wide variety of skills and innovation and is an unusual opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of various engineering disciplines, and the work will have a huge impact on hundreds of millions of users across the US.
What You Can Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years of experience working in a production environment
- Experience with the Python scientific stack (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience designing, training, deploying and maintaining custom machine learning models
- Experience in developing and tuning custom neural networks with state of the art components.
- Experience applying one or more major deep learning packages (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch) to very large data sets.
- Comfortable owning and guiding machine learning projects from conception through research, development and production deployment
- Experience working cross-functionally with other business units such as engineering, product, and marketing
- Ability to explain and present machine learning concepts to both a technical and non-technical Audience
- Experience identifying opportunities in Product that can benefit from machine learning
- Experience transferring machine learning solutions to engineers on product teams
- Experience with AWS services (SageMaker, S3, etc.)