atabase Software Engineer YouGov
YouGov is searching for a Remote Database Software Engineer to join our ever growing Survey Systems team, you'll be regarding as a Database expert within the team, overseeing a large PostgreSQL production environment.
From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Have at least 5 years experience running PostgreSQL in large production environments
- Python web development experience
- Experience with:
- Database design and architecture
- Database connection handling strategies, E.g. pgbouncer
- Replication and sharding strategies
- Performance monitoring, query profiling, tuning and optimisation
- Developing with SQLAlchemy, psycopg, or other DB handling python libraries
- Understanding of high-volume data tables and highly concurrent transactions
- Experience working in Agile Development
- Experience with version control systems
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
Nice to have:
- Experience with other database engines:
- MongoDB, Redshift, Cassandra or DynamoDB
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with issues tracking software and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge about data streaming architectures
- Experience evaluating and introducing new development methods and tools that simplify our day-to-day work
- Experience working remotely
This is a full time, permanent remote role, which can be based in any worldwide YouGov Office, or country that we have a legal entity. We are a global team with developers on US central and east coast, and European hours too. Our only requirement time-wise is to attend an online daily meeting to report on your assignments.