- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the problems and insights that require good data to influence business operations.
- Design compelling reports and dashboards (example: cross business financials, business unit cost and profitability, agency forecasting, etc)
- Continue to build a flexible, yet robust, reporting solution that provides leadership and team members with accurate data
- Integrate and optimize complex data sets from across multiple sources (QBO, Jira, BambooHR, WooCommerce, SQL, Google Sheets, Analytics, custom PHP API endpoints and a dozens or so proprietary 3rd party services)
- Identify opportunities where the application of new or improved data would create value for the user or the business.
- Collaborate to evolve and design KPIs and process experiments.
- Think through multi-faceted workflows, interpret data and think critically about the conclusions.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
- 3+ years of experience creating with data analysis and creating complex spreadsheets
- The ability to clearly communicate complex information gleaned from data to make informed business recommendations
- Ability to look at data from different perspectives
- Advanced knowledge of SQL databases
- Advanced knowledge of Google spreadsheet formulas and scripting
- Experience with Google Data Studio
- Knowledge of business finance
- Experience communicating with customers or clients
- Detail-oriented in your approach to solving problems
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and keep driving work forward
- Creative problem solving skills
- Uphold a high level of data integrity in your analyses and findings
- 100% freelancers only! (we don’t want to compete for your attention with a day job)
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Proficient with Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Big Plus if you:
- Understand the natural and flow of a service business (agency)
- Understand the nature and flow of a digital products / open source business
- Have experience parsing ecommerce data
- Have experience with process mapping
- Management experience is welcome
- Experience with competitor research
Who We Are
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A Freelancer