The Remote Company
The Remote Company is a network of remote-first tech companies. We're united by our values and approach to doing business.
You will work across all of our products - MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck and Ycode.
We need people in our team that are passionate and great at what they do. We’re looking for a Database Reliability Engineer who would help us scale our grand databases so we can support our customers need for growth.
Why The Remote Company?
Here are 6 reasons!
- You won’t be boredWe are always looking for improvements and new ideas. You want to implement something? Write up the idea and start working on it.
- You will be challenged with interesting tasksOur databases are huge and we have a lots of them. You will be able to take charge and re-architecture the whole system if you see viable.
- Take ownershipWe don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
- You’ll have experts at handWhenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every dayAt MailerLite, we embrace the remote culture. Part of the team works from the office in Vilnius, the others are spread around the world. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stabilityWe're not a startup that's burning investor money. MailerLite has been around for more than 10 years and is a profitable company that continues to grow. You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace!
What we expect from you
- Have at least 5 years experience running MySQL and PostgreSQL in large production environments
- You know how to work with Ansible (or any other configuration management tool) and Terraform
- Programming skills (Bash, Golang, Python)
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Linux shell is your home
- Communicative, proactive, go-for it attitude
- Excellent English skills
- Know your way around CloudSQL (we use Google Cloud)
- Bonus: If you have experience managing MongoDB and TimescaleDB you will come up on top of our list
What we offer
- Competitive salary: $50,000-$75,000 (gross)
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. We gather twice a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Generous vacation policy. Take time off when you need it. We trust you
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- Company-paid creative days. Go out explore and share your discoveries with the team afterward
- MacBook and other tools that'll help you to do your job efficiently
- Remote-first culture with part of the team in Vilnius, Lithuania and the others working remotely from all over the world
- Free healthy lunches, snacks and amazing coffee in the Vilnius office
Please don’t send us your CV. Instead, simply send us an application email with the below information to [email protected].
Things we want to see in your email:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your Linkedin, Github, Twitter, Facebook or personal homepage
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, projects you worked on
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Your remote work experience
- Your description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Expected salary