AssemblyAI is the #1 rated API for speech recognition and has become the go-to solution for developers. Think the "Stripe of Speech Recognition".
Beyond just Automatic Speech Recognition, AssemblyAI builds APIs that help developers understand their audio and video files. For example, with features like Topic Detection, Summarization, and Sentiment Analysis - AssemblyAI is the only API offering a suite of developer tools for companies to build exciting applications with their audio and video data.
Thousands of developers use our APIs to transcribe millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day - powering innovative products like visual voicemail, meeting summarizers, and closed captioning. We have already grown our revenue about 5x in the past year, and are backed by leading investors including Y Combinators AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber, Coinbase, SpaceX, Instacart, Notion, and Cruise Automation).
AssemblyAIs Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition. To do that, we are hiring a world-class team to help us build an iconic deep learning company that will be just as well-known as Twilio or Stripe!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and were searching for a Deep Learning Researcher to join our team. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, its the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team!
In this role youll have the opportunity to:
- Continually push the state of the art in speech recognition and NLP. You will conduct cutting edge deep learning research in speech and NLP. Our speech models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft - and were looking for the best deep learning engineers and researchers to help us continually push the state of the art in speech recognition to get to human level performance.
- Research & train AssemblyAIs deep learning models. You will work with large scale data sets to research and train deep learning models for speech recognition. You will research and develop novel algorithms and techniques to advance the state of the art in natural language understanding.
- Be part of a world-class team of creative researchers & engineers. You will help strengthen the position of AssemblyAI as a leading company in AI research. Our deep learning team is a tight knit group of creative researchers and engineers, who are not afraid to try unconventional ideas. You will also work with the broader speech recognition team as we continually strive to match human level accuracy.
We are a fully remote team made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP from places like Amazon, Cisco, Apple, BMW, and MyCroft. Our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win - and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential!
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 3-4x/year company paid team retreats