google cloud platform
Roles and Responsibilities
The DevOps engineer’s roles and responsibilities are a combination of technical and management roles. It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner and deliver the responsibilities to ensure uninterrupted service at scale..
Core responsibilities include:
- Configuration and ongoing support of GCP infrastructure serving a SaaS application.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management
Pre-requisite skills required for a DevOps Engineer role include:
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Configuration and managing databases such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, Google Firestore, BigQuery
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services. Kubernetes, CircleCI, Github, and JIRA.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Mastery of networking concepts such as NAT, DNS, TLS, IPSEC, L7 Load Balancers, etc. Familiarity with troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Burp, Postman, gcloud, kubectl, etc.
- Familiarity with multiple scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PHP