amazon web services
How would you like to work on large scale, highly reliability, and highly scalable systems that are already processing tens of millions of dollars in transactions per day and seeing exponential user growth?
We are looking for a dev-ops engineer who will apply his/her experience, best practices, and pull out all stops to keep our Hummingbot Liquidity Mining systems running and scaling up smoothly, to keep up with explosive user and trading volume growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and set up real-time monitoring metrics, logging and alerts for liquidity mining and trading related backend systems
- Work closely with backend engineering team to ensure sufficient test coverage
- Propose and discuss improvements and changes to backend systems on reliability, security and scalability aspects
- Be part of the core team and make a significant impact in a fast-growing, VC-backed blockchain startup
You're a great fit if you have / are:
- Fluent in Python with prior experience in building and maintaining Python backend applications.
- Experience in managing large scale, mission critical backend systems
- Knowledge in common backend technologies like AWS, Kafka, MySQL, Kubernetes, etc.
- Knowledge in logging and metric systems like Datadog, ELK, Splunk, etc.
- Knowledge in common unit testing frameworks like pytest and nosetests
- Good sense in how to maintain the security and reliability backend systems
- Good communication skills and fluent in both written and spoken English
- Proactive - propose and implement solutions rather than wait for down time or disasters to happen
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
- Join a remote-first, engineering-driven team with 30+ team members across 6 continents
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy